- Release date: 28.02.2012
- Author: Patricia M. Rumsey
- Publisher: Columba Press
- ISBN: 9781856077484
- 286 pages
- Book rating: 0.7 (0 votes)
Files to download
PDF, ePub and Kindle versions
- women_of_the_church_the_religious_experience_of.mobi // Smoose Library
MOBI // 1,77Mb // crawled 7 minutes ago
- women_of_the_church_the_religious_experience_of.pdf // Usenet books
PDF // 8,68Mb // crawled 6 minutes ago
- women_of_the_church_the_religious_experience_of.mobi // «United GOV»
MOBI // 1,77Mb // crawled 7 minutes ago
- women_of_the_church_the_religious_experience_of.epub // «United GOV»
ePub // 4,84Mb // crawled 8 minutes ago
How our service works
We cooperate with many libraries, and file hosting services. Our service is constantly finds new book and adds them to a database.
Compatible with all devices
Most archives from our collection contain just three formats: PDF, ePub and Kindle. 99% of all devices work with these formats.
Only high-quality books
Service is able to recognize quality and to cut e-books unreadable content. In our database, only high-quality files.
Download speed and availability
Our robot checks every 15 minutes for the file on the remote server. We guarantee availability and high-speed file downloads.
- Women of the Church : The Religious Experience of Monastic Women // by Patricia M. Rumsey
- Beyond the Altar : Women Religious, Patriarchal Power, and the Church // by Christine Gervais
Beyond the Altar illustrates how women religious overcome sexist subjugation by side-stepping the patriarchal power of the Roman Catholic Church. This book counters the...
- Clare of Assisi and the Thirteenth-Century Church : Religious Women, Rules, and Resistance // by Catherine M. Mooney
In a work based on a meticulous analysis of sources, many of them previously unexplored, Catherine M. Mooney upends the received account of Clare of Assisi's founding of the...
- Men, Women and the Monastic Life in Medieval England // by Katharine Sykes
Double houses, monastic communities in which men and women lived, worked and prayed together, are a long-lived and widespread component of the complex jigsaw of medieval...
- Women and Monastic Buddhism in Early South Asia // by Garima Kaushik
This book uses gender as a framework to offer unique insights into the socio-cultural foundations of Buddhism. Moving away from dominant discourses that discuss women as a single...
- Criminals, Idiots, Women and Minors : Victorian Writing by Women on Women // by Susan Hamilton
"Pardon me; I must seem to you so stupid! Why is the property of the woman who commits Murder, and the property of the woman who commits Matrimony, dealt with alike by your...
- Women in Islam : The Western Experience // by Anne-Sofie Roald
Women in Islam investigates the ongoing debate across the Muslim world and the West on the position of women in Islam. Anne-Sofie Roald focuses on how Islamic perceptions of...
- Women and the National Experience: Combined Volume // by Ellen A. Skinner
Combining classic and unusual sources, this anthology explores the private voices and public lives of women throughout U.S. history. ...
- Women in the Early Church // by Elizabeth A. Clark
Elizabeth Clark, a patristic scholar and founder of the Department of Religion at Mary Washington College, has drawn upon her depth of scholarship and linguistic ability to make...
- Righteous Transgressions : Women's Activism on the Israeli and Palestinian Religious Right // by Lihi Ben Shitrit
How do women in conservative religious movements expand spaces for political activism in ways that go beyond their movements' strict ideas about male and female roles? How...
- What Happens When Women Say Yes to God : *Live More Fully* Love More Deeply *Experience God's Best for You // by Lysa TerKeurst
The God of the Universe Wants to Use YouDoes the thought of stepping out in absolute obedience feel too overwhelming--simply too much?Don't let fear keep you from...
- The Role of Women's Experience in Feminist Theologies of Atonement // by Linda D Peacore
Description: A strong critique of traditional atonement theology is found in the work of many contemporary feminist theologians. This approach, in large part, is related to the...
- Women of the Twelfth Century: Eve and the Church v. 3 // by Georges Duby
This volume studies the relationship between the Church and women in 12th century Europe, by which time the Church had begun to see the evolving roles and expectations of women...
- Political Women : The Women's Movement, Political Institutions, the Battle for Women's Suffrage and the ERA // by Alana Jeydel
Under what conditions are political elites responsive to social movements, and when do social movements gain access to political elites? This book explores this question with...
- Women Religious Leaders in Japan's Christian Century, 1549-1650 // by Haruko Nawata Ward
Meticulously researched and drawing on original source materials written in eight different languages, this study fills a lacuna in the historiography of Christianity in Japan,...
- The Religious World of Antislavery Women : Spirituality in the Lives of Five Abolitionist Lecturers // by Anna M. Speicher
Nineteenth-century women reformers such as the radical abolitionists have frequently been seen as having abandoned the constraints of religion in order to pursue their personal...
- Breaking Through the Stained Glass Ceiling : Women Religious Leaders in Their Own Words // by Maureen Fielder
This lively and inspiring collection of interviews features the voices of the most important women religious figures of our time, addressing the theme of women's emerging...
- Gender and Justice in Family Law Disputes : Women, Mediation, and Religious Arbitration // by Samia Bano
Recently, new methods of dispute resolution in matters of family law-such as arbitration, mediation, and conciliation-have created new forms of legal culture that affect minority...
- Women in the Church : Biblical and Historical Perspectives // by Everett Ferguson
Dr. Everett Ferguson has made substantial revisions in this second edition of Women in the Church: Biblical and Historical Perspectives. In chapter one, he writes in detail...
- Women in Waiting : Prejudice at the Heart of the Church // by Julia Ogilvy
The role of women in the Christian Church has been the subject of heated debate in recent years. This July the Church of England's General Synod vote approving the...